Motor Vehicle Titling and Registration
The registration and recording of titles for motor vehicles in Texas is done in the county of residence. State law requires that the county Tax Assessor-Collector act as an agent for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV).
Vehicle Registration Information:
- Registration Requirements
- Late Registration
- New Texas Residents
- Military Personnel Vehicle Registration & Titling
- Out of State Vehicle Registration & Titling
- Registration Renewal Online
- Registration Fees, Tax Rates and Penalties
- Disabled Parking Permits
- Vehicle Title and Registration Forms
- Special License Plate Listing
- Frequently Asked Questions
Standard Presumptive Value
This link will take you to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles website where current information on the Standard Presumptive Value can be found for your vehicle. Upon registration and titling in our office the sales tax will be calculated on the sales price or 80% of the Standard Presumptive Value, whichever is higher.