Join Our Team
Looking for a career in Public Safety?
Join Our Team!
Bell County Communications Center provides integrated and enhanced emergency coordination and communications to assist the protection of the lives and property of the residents and visitors of Bell County, and to ensure the safety and well-being of all first responders.
Employment opportunities at Bell County Communications Center fall into 2 general categories;
Operations (Emergency Communications Specialist- ECS) and Support Services (Administration, Information Technology-IT, and Quality and Development). Bell County Communications Center offers both a challenging and rewarding career, as well as great benefits. Benefits include retirement, medical and dental insurance, paid training for operational positions, paid vacation and holiday time.
View current openings here > Employment Openings
Emergency Communications Specialist (ECS)
Working in an emergency dispatch center can be very demanding. However, for the right person it can be a very rewarding career. Our staff is among the best and brightest in the industry and we strive to provide excellent customer service to all who count on us.
The recruitment process can be daunting, each applicant must take and pass a skills based test and complete an extensive personal history packet. The timeline to complete the entire recruitment process may take several weeks.
The recruitment process includes:
- Complete online application
- Submit Typing Test
- Submit Background Authorization form
- Skills based test
- Preliminary Interview
- Conditional Offer of Hire
- Polygraph Exam
- Psychological Exam and Assessment
- Physical - Drug Screen and Hearing Exam
- Fingerprint submission
- Final Interview/Review
Please note: If a candidate fails to successfully pass any step during the current hiring process, he or she will be withdrawn from the process.
ECS Position Requirements:
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older on date of hire.
- Must meet TCOLE and DPS requirements
- Shift Work (non-rotating)
- Day shift 0645-1500
- Evening shift 1445-2300
- Midnight shift 2245-0700
- Power shifts
- Classroom instruction Mon-Fri 8 am- 4 pm
- 5 weeks with 1-2 weeks of observation on an assigned shift
- On the job training on shift
- 3-4 months of hands on training