Court Video Conferencing
Bell County offers Court Video Conferencing technologies which allow two or more locations to communicate by simultaneous two-way video and audio transmissions. This video conferencing system allows remote court conferencing in specific cases which are requested by an attorney and approved by the presiding judge. With prior approval of the Court, parties in civil cases may be allowed to "appear" in court without having to travel to the courtroom.
The party must have the technical capabilities to be compatible with Bell County's video conferencing system. Bell County supports the following operating systems - Windows XP, 7 & 8, and MAC OSX. The video conferencing software must be downloaded and installed. This download is a 30 day trial license, so make sure the court date is within this time frame. Once the software is installed, contact the Bell County Technology Services Help Desk at 254-933-5278.
PLEASE NOTE: Help Desk hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Central Standard Time).
To initiate the process, follow the steps below:
2. Scroll down the webpage to the Download LifeSize Softphone Trial section
3. Select the Operating System under the Choose Platform option
4. Fill in all available fields and click Submit
5. The temporary license (30 days) certificate will be emailed to the email address typed in the account setup form. This email will contain all the information and download links needed to get started.
6. Open the email from LifeSize Softphone for Windows Trial. Download the software and license via the links included in the email.
7. Once the software/license is installed, call the Bell County Technology Service Desk at 254-933-5278. The Service Desk will provide configuration settings at the First Run Configuration Screen.