Once a citation is issued, an appearance is required to the court on or before the appearance date listed on the citation. Telephone calls DO NOT constitute an appearance to the court. There are 3 options available below.
1. Plea guilty or no contest and pay the ticket. Pay online (http://bell.go2gov.net)
or over the phone with a credit/debit card; or mail a cashier's check or money order to
the court along with the plea form below:
General Plea Form
2. Request the Driver's Safety Course. Please refer to the driver's safety course
form. Submit the form below on or before the appearance date to be eligible for
the driver's safety course.
Drivers Safety Course Form
Drivers Safety Course Form (School Zone Offense)
Citations not eligible for the driver's safety course option:
3. Plea not guilty. Submit a written plea of not guilty to the court on or before the
appearance date listed on the citation. Use the form below to request a trial by
judge or trial by jury. Please list a correct mailing address and phone number,
as the court will notify by mail, the date and time of the court setting. The form
must be submitted on or before the appearance date or an appearance bond will
have to be posted. Contact the court to inquire about the amount of the
appearance bond. The court may require an appearance bond to be posted on
General Plea Form
Additional Information that may or may not be relevant to a specific citation:
- A juvenile is defined in the Transportation Code as 16 years old or younger.
- Juveniles are required to appear in court to enter a plea to the Judge.
- A parent/guardian must appear with the Juvenile.
- The court will send a letter to the parent/guardian to inform them of the court date and time.
Alcoholic Offenses (involving minors)
- A minor is defined in the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code as 20 years old or younger.
- A minor is required to appear in court to enter the plea to the Judge.
- A minor 17 years old or younger must have a parent/guardian appear with them.
- The court will send a letter to the minor or the minor's parent/guardian (depending on the age) to inform them of the court date and time.
NOTE: Legal Representation.