Mail for Inmates
Effective July 19, 2021, Bell County Sheriff's Department does not accept books mailed to inmates unless it is direct-shipped from the publisher. For relevant case law you may research these cases:
- Turner v. Safely, 1987
- Thornburgh v. Abbott, U.S. Supreme Court, 1989.
- Bell v. Wolfish, U.S. Supreme Court, 1979.
- Rights of Prisoners, Fourth Edition, vol. 2, p. 52-60.
- Legal Aspects of Corrections Management, Third edition, p. 125-7.
- Leachman v. Thomas, No. 99-20209, 2000 U.S. App. LEXIS 39809 (5th Cir. Aug. 9, 2000)
*We will be updating this page the next few weeks.