Vehicle Titling and Registration
The registration and recording of titles for motor vehicles in Texas is processed in the county of residence. State law requires that the county Tax Assessor-Collector act as an agent for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV).
Vehicle Registration Information:
- Registration Requirements
- Late Registration
- Registration Fees, Tax Rates and Penalties
- Disabled Parking Permits
- Temporary Permits
- Registration Renewal Online
- New Texas Residents
- Military Personnel Vehicle Registration & Titling
- Out of State Vehicle Registration & Titling
- Forms - Vehicle Title and Registration
- Special License Plate Listing
- Frequently Asked Questions
All transactions require original signed documents. Faxed, scanned or emailed copies are not acceptable and signatures must be in ink. Information is based on actual owner transactions.