1.  Does Bell County require building permits and is there "zoning" in the 
     unincorporated areas of the County?
The answer to both of these questions is "No."  If you are building in the unincorporated areas of the County (that is, you are not located within any of the cities located in Bell County) there is no building permit, building code or zoning with which you must comply.  However, there are rules that are enforced by the Bell County Health District regarding on-site sewage systems, their size, location and distances from property lines, wells and public water lines.  When you apply for an on-site sewage permit from the Health District you will be asked to fill out a "Flood Plain Exemption Certificate."  This Certificate will be sent to the County Engineer's Office for review to insure that you are not building in the flood plain.