Start Child Support

Establishing child support payments is not something that occurs automatically after a divorce trial or child custody hearing. You are required to visit the District Clerk's Office Child Support Department to set up the Child Support payments in the State system.

To establish a child support case in the state system, print the Child Support Set Up Form and complete the form before you come to the window. These forms are also available at the window if you do not have access to a printer.

At this time, it is also appropriate to mail out the Income Withholding Order to the payor's employer. There is a $15 fee for this service payable in cash or money order. Personal checks are not accepted.

Print and complete the Withholding Order Request Form and be sure to bring a copy of the actual Income Withholding Order.

 It is the responsibility of the person requesting the mail out of the Employer's Withholding Order to be sure that the CORRECT MAILING ADDRESS OF THE EMPLOYER’S PAYROLL OFFICE is provided. If the wage order is returned, you may be required to pay an additional court fee.

The Child Support Department is located in the Bell County Justice Complex Building. After you have entered the main entrance and gone through the metal detectors, the Child Support window is located to the right of the elevators. The window itself is around the corner.