Terminate Child Support

Noncustodial parents - also known as obligors - with registry-only child support cases must seek an order from a judge to have an income withholding order terminated when the child support obligation ends. Child support terminates when all obligations, including arrears, have been fulfilled

The Child Support Division has no authority to terminate income withholding orders on registry-only cases. An obligor can file an Agreed Motion to Terminate Withholding for Child Support with the district clerk to have a judge review the case and issue an order to terminate income withholding.

To do this go to the "Texas Law Help" website,http://texaslawhelp.org/ to download the Motion and Order forms. To locate the forms on the website, click the yellow box at the top of the web page called "Free DIY Printable Forms", the forms will be located under "Forms and Information" section, look for the blue link that says "Termination of Withholding for Child Support".

The completed form along with your written request/motion should be filed with the District Clerk's Office along with payment of $20.00 by cashier's check or money order made payable to the District Clerk. A hearing should be scheduled regarding your request.

If a judge issues an order to terminate income withholding in a registry-only child support case, the obligor may deliver a certified copy of the order to the employer to have income withholding for child support canceled or print and complete the Request for Termination of Support Order along with a copy of the actual Termination of "Income Withholding For Support" order along with payment of $15.00 by cashier's check or money order made payable to the District Clerk to process the Termination of "Income Withholding For Support".

Mail the information to the following address:
Joanna Staton
Bell County District Clerk
Attn: Child Support
P.O. Box 909
Belton, TX 76513

You can also visit the District Clerks Office Child Support Department located in the Bell County Justice Complex.