District Clerk

Establish Child Support

Child Support is generally ordered by the court for divorce cases involving children.You will be required to stop at the Child Support window (near the District Clerk's Office) and set up your case with the Texas State Disbursement Unit (SDU). Please go directly after your court appearance. Have the following documents:

The Child Support window is to the right of the elevators (and around the corner) in the main lobby of the Bell County Justice Complex.


This is also the time to mail the Income Withholding Order to the Obligor's (person paying child support) employer. The Child Support office will send a certified copy of the Income Withholding Order. There is a $15 fee for this service payable in cash or money order. Personal checks are not accepted.

It is vital that the Child Support office be given the correct mailing address of the employer's payroll office. If the wage order is returned for any reason, you may be required to pay an additional fee to have the Order re-mailed.

Please complete the following form and bring it with you.